Google+ Not Too "RAW"nchy: Raw Cuckoo for Cocoa Pops?

Personal Stuff... (Check for Updates)

Best of Raw

HERE (www.rawfullytempting.blogspot.com)


This blog will no longer be updated, but all of the info from this blog, will be on the new address.

Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you at my new address.

Don't forget to click "Follow" so that you don't miss any updates.

Blessings,
Barbara

January 17, 2010

Raw Cuckoo for Cocoa Pops?

I found this recipe for Quinoa Cocoa Pops months ago and put it aside, just waiting until I was able to get my dehydrator. I almost made them in the oven (and you probably can), but decided to wait.  I made a batch today and what fun. Loulou suggests serving this in a bowl with nut mylk, just like cereal, oooh, and maybe some bananas? That sounds fantastic, however, I am not sure mine will last through the evening. They are a wonderful munchy snack and would be excellent to pack if you are traveling. They are loaded with nutrients and such a creative way to prepare sprouted quinoa. I added a little more cacao powder than the original recipe and a dash of cinnamon. This treat is such a nice change as It's hard for raw foodies to find sweet  and crunchy snack.
1 cup sprouted dehydrated quinoa grains
1-2 Tbsp cacao powder
2 Tbsp agave nectar
Dash of cinnamon


Yes, you do need to plan for this one in advance, unless you happen to have sprouted quinoa handy.

Don't make the same mistake that I did...you need 1 cup of quinoa AFTER it has been sprouted and dehydrated. I measured a cup before dehydrating, so ended up with a very small batch!!! : (  

Please click here for directions on sprouting. 

Once you see tiny shoots from the grains, dehydrate for several hours until crispy. (Dried quinoa is great in salads and soups).

Mix cacao powder and agave nectar together and spoon over dried quinoa. Mix and massage by hand.

Spread mixture on a teflex sheet and dehydrate 4-6 hours. 

When totally dehydrated, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and mix well.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

MORE FABULOUS RESOURCES!!!

Followers

Need A Shopping Cart?