Google+ Not Too "RAW"nchy: Raw Mediterranean Almond Bread - My First Raw Sandwich!

Personal Stuff... (Check for Updates)

Best of Raw

HERE (www.rawfullytempting.blogspot.com)


This blog will no longer be updated, but all of the info from this blog, will be on the new address.

Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you at my new address.

Don't forget to click "Follow" so that you don't miss any updates.

Blessings,
Barbara

January 14, 2010

Raw Mediterranean Almond Bread - My First Raw Sandwich!

YUmmmm! Using Mediterranean Almond Bread,  I created a scrumptious sandwich. Try Shari Viger's Veggie Mac Cheese Spread topped  with  Boston bibb lettuce, red onion, "Unroasted" eggplant, and tomatoes. On a bed of romaine, I placed some additional "UnRoasted" eggplant, marinated mushrooms, olives, and artichoke hearts. For guests I cut these into bite sized treats and served them as appetizers. I didn't tell my guests they were raw until they said.."Yumm, these are great, what's in them?"

Unroasted Eggplant  (I used Indian eggplant which is very tender).  Slice eggplant lengthwise in thin pieces and  massage each slice in seasoned olive oil. Let sit or place in dehydrator for 30 - 60 minutes.Garnish eggplant with a small dollop of Veggie Mac Cheese, diced red onion and chopped tomatoes.

The bread is delicious, full-bodied with a great texture. You really feel like you are biting into a healthy piece of bread. The cheese is very creamy and fluffy,  and somewhere in between cream cheese and ricotta cheese. You can adjust the seasonings for both the bread and the cheese depending upon your preferences.

My mind is already wandering about the different variations that can be applied to this bread recipe. Maybe eliminate the spices and add some dates and coarsely chopped nuts....a little raw honey? I wonder if I could make a sweet version of the mac cheese and create a date and nut bread with cream cheese affect? Hmmmmm! Getting hungry thinking about that one!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

MORE FABULOUS RESOURCES!!!

Followers

Need A Shopping Cart?