Google+ Not Too "RAW"nchy: A Love Affair With Food

Personal Stuff... (Check for Updates)

Best of Raw

HERE (www.rawfullytempting.blogspot.com)


This blog will no longer be updated, but all of the info from this blog, will be on the new address.

Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you at my new address.

Don't forget to click "Follow" so that you don't miss any updates.

Blessings,
Barbara

January 24, 2010

A Love Affair With Food

I titled one of my previous posts "I am having a rawnchy love affair with chocolate," but what I should have said, is I "am having a love affair with food!" Seriously. This is a huge transformation for me. I have always had an unhealthy relationship with food and struggled with cravings, never really feeling satisfied. My weight problem is not from eating too much, but from a combination of health issues and eating the wrong things. When I did let myself binge, I'd BINGE, fall into a spiral, and then make things worse by rationalizing, "Oh hell, I already screwed up, why stop here." Instead of having a few spoonfuls of ice cream, I'd eat the whole pint. I couldn't have it hanging around in my freezer, haunting me.

Since I have started this program, I have more energy, less mood swings, and  I feel elated. Here I am, home bound for the most part, still in quite a bit of pain...and I feel elated, excited and passionate about food.

We attended two social gatherings this weekend, and several people commented not only that they could see how passionate I am about food, but when they ate what I prepared, they could actually FEEL the love in the food. The funny thing is, I just commented to W last week that I feel so much love and enthusiasm in preparing these new foods and experience a lot of satisfaction watching others enjoy what I have prepared. I entertained a lot when I was younger, but I don't ever recall feeling this much exuberance about food. I am eating so much less, and feeling so much more satiated. The food is vibrant and alive...and sharing this with loved ones has given me a whole different way of looking at food preparation.  Eating raw is simple, and in this simplicity I am loving the colors, textures and flavor combinations of these beautiful living foods. It's amazing. I feel like a different person. Has anyone else had this experience? I would love to hear about it!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

MORE FABULOUS RESOURCES!!!

Followers

Need A Shopping Cart?