Google+ Not Too "RAW"nchy: Roasted Fennel - Super Quick and Easy

Personal Stuff... (Check for Updates)

Best of Raw

HERE (www.rawfullytempting.blogspot.com)


This blog will no longer be updated, but all of the info from this blog, will be on the new address.

Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you at my new address.

Don't forget to click "Follow" so that you don't miss any updates.

Blessings,
Barbara

January 29, 2010

Roasted Fennel - Super Quick and Easy

 
We have moved. Please use this link: http://rawfullytempting.blogspot.com/2010/01/roasted-fennel-super-quick-and-easy.html

This is a great meal when you don't have a lot of time to prepare. Also, I am trying to incorporate the jasmine rice and nama shoyu into my meals for my program this week. It's challenging and I'm finding it hard to eat raw all the time with the rice requirement. For lunch I simply cut up some raw celery and carrots and serve with rice and raw sesame seeds, but when dinner rolls around, I tend to lean towards cooked, but crunchy veggies. 

I had some fennel that I needed to use and this is what I came up with. It was really easy and surprisingly delicious. We were both totally satisfied and full.
4 carrots
1 -2 fennel bulb
1 -2 cups eggplant chunks
2 med zucchini, chunks
2 yellow onions, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of rosemary, crushed in fingers

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare the fennel bulb as directed here.  I cut each half of the bulb into quarters.  In a large bowl, massage veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper and a hint of rosemary.

I cooked my rice in mushroom broth, instead of water. For each 1/2 cup of cooked rice, I added 3 tsp of Ohsawa nama shoyu. 

Roast veggies for 15 minutes. Stir. Roast another 10-15 minutes and serve over rice.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

MORE FABULOUS RESOURCES!!!

Followers

Need A Shopping Cart?